Wedding Album Design Editor - USER MANUAL
The Wedding Album Design Editor is a wedding album design software purpose-built to create the layout design for flush-mount wedding albums, coffee table books and other types of digital wedding albums. The Wedding Album Design Editor enables non-professionals to design their own wedding album quickly and easily. Furthermore, the Wedding Album Design Editor provides functionality to allow customers of Sweet Memory Albums to design their wedding album in cooperation with professional graphic artists.
To use the Wedding Album Design Editor, your computer should fulfill the following requirements:
If you still have problems running the Wedding Album Design Editor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Toolbar: contains a series of buttons to execute several functions, e.g. Save, Reset, Finish, etc.
- Images & Spreads Tabs: allows you to browse the Images Pool and the Spread List.
- Canvas: here is where you design your spreads. Drag photos from the Images Pool onto the canvas and start designing.
- Notes Tabs: provide functionality to communicate with Sweet Memory Album's professional graphic artists.
- Frame Action Icons: allow to modify the current frame, e.g. zoom, pan, change order, rotate and open the Frame Editing Dialog.
- Frame Editing Dialog: allows to apply border and shadow to the current frame. Also, provides buttons to use the current frame as background image.
- Background Action Icons: allow to modify the background image, e.g. zoom, pan, open the Background Editing Dialog.
- Background Editing Dialog: allows to change the background transparency and to assign a background color.
Is not visible on high resolution monitors. Shows and hides the Images & Spreads Tabs.
Enables or disables the Canvas Grid Functionality. If enabled, frames are moved and resized within the constraints of a 4 pixels x 4 pixels grid. This allows you, e.g. to ensure that a series of photos has exactly the same size or to align perfectly to each other.
Shows or hides the Background Action Icons.
Saves the current spread layout permanently.
Resets the layout of the current spread to the last version. All unsaved changes are rolled back.
Shows a high-resolution preview of the current spread layout in a popup window. The popup window might take several seconds to load.
Generates a PDF file with your complete wedding album design. This process might take a couple of minutes.
Informs the Sweet Memory Albums team that you have finished your wedding album design and would like to initiate the printing process. Closes the Wedding Album Design Editor.
Saves the current spread and loads the previous spread.
Saves the current spread and loads the next spread.
Save & Exit
Saves the current spread and closes the Wedding Album Design Editor
Shows and hides the Notes Tabs.
Images & Spreads Tabs
The Images Pool contains the photos you have uploaded to the SMA web server.
- Add photos from the pool to your layout by dragging them onto the canvas.
- Replace photos of existing frames by dragging the photo from the Image Pool directly on top of them.
- Add additional photo to the pool via the upload functionality.
Shows all spreads of your layout design.
- Open a spread by clicking on it.
- Rearrange the spread order by dragging a spread to a different position in the Spread List.
- Delete a spread by clicking on the cross at the top right of the spread icon.
- Create a new spread by clicking the "Create new Spread" button.
Frame Action Icons
The Frame Action Icons allow to perform a series of simple modifications to the photo in the current frame.
Click to open the Frame Editing Dialog.
Drag around to zoom in and out of the current photo.
Drag around to pan the current photo.
Click to move the current frame to the top.
Click to move the current frame to the bottom.
Drag to the left and right to rotate the current frame.
Frame Editing Dialog
Allows to apply a series of changes to the current frame:
- Border color icon: click to open a color picker to set the border color.
- Border slider: move from left to right to set the border-strength.
- Shadow color icon: click to open a color picker to set the shadow-color.
- Shadow offset slider: move from left to right to set the shadow-offset (the distance between shadow and frame) and shadow blur.
- Shadow blur slider: move from left to right to set the shadow-blur.
- "Set as background"-button: click to use the photo of the current frame as canvas background.
Background Action Icons
The Background Action Icons appear when clicking on the "Background"-button on the Toolbar. Allow to perform a series of actions on the background image.
Click to open the Background Editing Dialog.
Click to remove the background photo.
Drag around to zoom in and out of the background photo.
Drag around to pan the background photo.
Background Editing Dialog
The Background Editing Dialog allows to perform a series of modifications to the canvas background:
- Color icon: click to open a color picker to set the background color.
- Transparency slider: move from left to right to change the background transparency.
- "Remove background"-button: click to remove the background photo.
The Notes Tab shows a list of all notes that have been written for the current spread.
"Write Note" Tab
The "Write Note" Tab allows you to leave a note regarding the current spread to the SMA team. Write your note into the text area and click the "Save" button.